"There is no keener revelation of a society's soul than the way in which it treats its children."
Photo Credit: My Dear Hubby
1. Frame their artwork & hang it proudly on the wall.
2. Take a long walk with them… at their pace! Let them lead the way.
3. Make bath time extra special! Add bubbles and new “toys” for even more
fun. (Kitchen utensils & empty detergent bottles are always a hit!)
4. Give them random hugs & kisses throughout the day.
5. Leave surprises for them in the mailbox or under their pillow.
6. Throw their pajamas in the dryer before bedtime on a cold night.
7. Let them go on a shopping spree at the Dollar Store (set a $ amount).
8. Let them make age-appropriate decisions on their own.
9. Give them your full attention.
10. Forgive their mistakes (we all mess up sometimes).
11. Hang a photo of the two of you in their room.
12. Make them laugh.
13. Keep your promises.
14. Celebrate their small accomplishments and milestones.
15. Invite them to snuggle up in bed with you when they are sick, can’t fall asleep, or had a bad dream.
16. Take them on a date.
17. Make home a safe & happy place.
18. Provide structure & consistency.
19. Treat them respectfully.
20. Treat their other parent with respect (regardless of your relationship status).
“Children are great imitators of others' behavior. When they are surrounded by people who love them and respond to them respectfully, and with empathy, they respond this way to others, too.”